> Why use an Agent?
Sales
post Jul 28 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Shot with E2200 at 2007-07-28

I think the above picture will answer that question for you more succinctly than a thousand words.

This picture was taken in late July 07 at Mis Terrace house just a short distance away from mine.

The Owner purchased a couple of years ago, but then needed to relocate to the South Coast for work. He decided to let out his property on individual Room Lets in order to maximise his potential income stream.

I asked him then if he needed any assistance, to which he said he did not.

Well not surprisingly, being a novice landlord, being at a fair distance from the property and choosing the most work intensive mode of letting, it did not take long for the problems to start.

First, he lost control over who was coming and out of his property. Soon all the tenants with rental agreements had left and had been replaced by new comers who had none. The landlord did not know who these people were and they did not know who the landlord was. Maintenance Issues were not reported, Rubbish was not put out for collection and the tenants stopped paying rent.

As the rent was not being paid and he could not even identify who was or who was not a tenant, the Landlords mortgage fell quickly into arrears. Attempts to rectify the problems came to nothing and the tenants left the property owing thousands of unpaid rent and leaving a huge maintenance problems to be dealt with. Agreements with the Mortgage Company could not be honoured and a dispute with a squatter caused more damage and made the Locksmith changing the locks a daily visitor.

Finally the Landlord came to me for help, but it was all far too late!! I literally lived only a few yards away and had constantly warned him that things were going wrong there, but he failed to act properly and he failed to ask for professional help.

Now the House is empty and repossessed and being set up for Auction very soon.

The Services of a Professional Agent can prevent these problems from starting in the first place!

--------------------
Tel: 01179714940
lettings@sino-uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2018 - 11:02 AM